Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
A-28, Kailash Colony,
New Delhi - 110048
F.No.1-65/2011/NVS (F&A) Dated: 16.12.2011
1. The Deputy Commissioner, NVS, All Regional Offices.
2. The Director/Incharge, Navodaya Leadership Institute,All NLIs.
Subject: Remittance of Salary to the employees of NVS for the month of December, 2011 through the Web Portal of Union Bank of India-regarding
Kindly refer to this Office letter of even number dated 22.11.2011 regarding disbursement of the net salary for the month of November, 2011 to all the employees of NVS through the Web Portal of Union Bank of India.
2. In this regard, the undersigned is directed to intimate that the net salary to all the employees of NVS (including the staff appointed on contract basis against the sanctioned posts and whose salary is met with the budgetary provisions under the Head Staff Payments) for the month of December, 2011 shall also be disbursed through the Web Portal of Union Bank of India. All the field units of NVS (viz. JNVs/ROs/NLIs/Hqrs.’ Office) are, therefore, requested to ensure that the required details of net salary payable to the concerned staff of your unit for the month of December, 2011 is uploaded on the Web Portal of UBI at the latest by 25.12.2011, so as to enable UBI to remit the salary directly into the bank account of individual employee within the last two working days of the month.
3. Since the amount of net salary payable to the concerned employees of NVS for the month of December, 2011 is being paid by NVS Hqrs. through UBI directly to their bank account, the equivalent amount thereof must be accounted for in the unit’s account by making the following entries, as detailed below:
-Funds received from NVS Hqrs.(Credit) and
-Staff Payments – Salaries paid to the staff for the month of November, 2011(Debit)
In this context, the unit wise details for the amount actually remitted by UBI for the month of December, 2011 can also be ascertained through the web portal of UBI. Here, the entries towards payment of net salary made in paise, if any, be rounded off to the nearest rupee.
4. It is also requested to ensure that necessary entries for the equivalent amount regarding disbursement of the net salary by NVS Hqrs. through the Web Portal of UBI for the month of September & November, 2011 are recorded in the Unit’s Account invariably and the amount of net salary paid for the month of October, 2011, which was required to be refunded to NVS Main Account through UBI by the concerned JNVs of your region, is also refunded to the UBI, as already requested for vide this office earlier letter(s) of even No. dated 28.11.2011, 29.11.2011 and 14.12.2011
5. This issues with the approval of Commissioner, NVS.
Dy. Commissioner (Finance)
Encl: As above.
1. Dy. Commissioner (Admn.), NVS Hqrs., New Delhi-for similar action in respect of NVS Hqrs.’ Office staff.
2. The Chief Manager, Union Bank of India, Kailash Colony Branch, New Delhi – for information w.r.t his letter dated 5.12.2011 and further necessary action in the matter.
3. DDO(Main Account), NVS Hqrs., New Delhi – for making necessary entries in the record towards disbursement of the net salary for the month of December, 2011 by UBI directly to the Bank Account of NVS employees, out of the balance available in NVS Main Account, after ascertaining the unit wise details thereof from UBI.
4. NVS Website-for posting of this letter at NVS Hqrs.’ Website.
Dy. Commissioner (Finance)
Encl : As above.